YOUR THERMOGRAM – PREPARING FOR YOUR IMAGING
FILL OUT THE PROPER QUESTIONNAIRE
We take a detailed health history before your imaging. The questionnaire is essential to making sure we provide the correct information to the physicians who interpret your images. PLEASE CHOOSE THE QUESTIONNAIRE BELOW THAT BEST CORRESPONDS WITH YOUR IMAGING, PRINT IT, FILL IT OUT AND BRING IT TO YOUR APPOINTMENT. If you do not know which questionnaire to choose, fill out the Women’s or Men’s Health Study.
ARRIVE TO YOUR APPOINTMENT ON TIME
Thank you so much for your promptness and your patience!
PREPARATION STEPS FOR A SUCCESSFUL IMAGING
helpful information that will help you prepare for your appointment. Looking forward to
• Please bring your questionnaire filled out. If you can’t fill it out before your appointment
please let the office know and arrive 15 mins early to the appointment.
Special Instructions for your imaging:
• No breast surgery, chemotherapy or radiation treatments 3 months prior to your imaging.
• No breast biopsy for one month prior.
• Lactation: Imaging is recommended if there is a problem or concern. However, a baseline is not
recommended for at least 3 months after the last active breastfeeding.
24 hours prior to your appointment:
• Avoid exercise or heavy physical activity.
• No massage or lymph treatments.
• No chiropractic adjustments.
• No saunas, steam baths or hot tubs.
• No hot or cold packs.
Day of Exam:
• Avoid heavy make up. Oil based products on the body will affect accurate detection by the
• No hot shower within 4 hours of imaging.
• Avoid deodorant or creams on the skin, especially oils.
• No heat lamps or sunburn – you will have to reschedule
• Do not shave area to be imaged. Men this is important!
• For head imaging, do not eat for at least 2 hours prior.
• No gum chewing.
• Your car needs to be cool but please Avoid A/C in the car blowing directly on you.
• You will be asked to remove all jewelry in the area to be imaged.
CONTACT US NOW
4798 S. Florida Ave. #206
Lakeland, FL 33813
8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Call the Center of your choice to schedule your imaging appointment
Robyn Rose MPT, CST-D
2933 West State Road 434 Suit 111
Longwood, FL 32779
UNDERSTANDING YOUR REPORT
You may be surprised to learn that your thermal images indicate areas of inflammation in your body. Should you take this seriously? Yes, you should.
Understanding Your Report: Sometimes these reports and their descriptive language can be difficult to understand. The easiest way to quickly read the report is to go to the “THERMOGRAPHIC IMPRESSION” after each section. These impressions will help guide your next steps. In addition, we offer you these suggestions:
- Contact the physician who referred you for thermography and formulate a plan to address your thermal patterns. If you don’t have a referring physician, we can offer you some suggestions of practitioners in your area who understand the significance of prevention using Thermography.
- If you need some help understanding the language of your report, feel free to call us at 863-712-5037 for clarification.
- Understand your report and/or monitor your progress with our inexpensive Quick Check Program. For just $25 we can meet with you to help you understand your report and/or image the inflammatory pattern you are working on to monitor your progress over time. Just call the location where you were imaged and ask for a “Quick Check” appointment.
- Honor your follow-up recommendation! The BEST way that your Thermographer can serve you is to image you in 3-6 months. This timeframe is based on the interpreting physician’s recommendation. It is called a “Comparative Study” and it tells our interpreting physicians which patterns are stable and which ones are changing and need to be watched and/or cleared.
- It’s very important to work on areas of concern in order to clear the inflammation before it becomes a diagnosable problem. This is how Thermography can serve you as you begin your journey of Health Discovery!
Kristin Burton & the Team at Central Florida Medical Thermography!